Friday, January 14, 2011

This Series: Electonics 1707

Kenmore: Refrigerator
Coolers are daily part of our life in this technological world. It stores the most essential thing that makes our lives run. Although there had been many cooling invention since the 1700's it was in the year 1834 an in-home refrigeration was invented. This technology has now made it possible for
me to drink my days old soda. I love the feeling of having a working cooler in my house, especially when I open it 4 in the morning and stuff myself with any leftovers. Thank you for this invention. (google)


Creative: Audio System

I agree with a lot of people when it comes to listening to music. But I bet a lot of people would agree with me when it comes to listening to the best sounds via the best music systems. I hate to brag about it, but there was a time when I and my other 3 roommates owned 5 fully equipped music systems in our apartment. Friday party nights were incredible and on Saturday mornings all 5 audio systems were on full power, so much even a deaf person would hear something or at least feel one's brain scramble. Games, music, movies even the cable, plus a dang good audio system equals music to any one's ears.


Apple: iPhone
There are millions of people who don't even know what a telephone is. On the contrary rest of them carry the world in their hands. iPhone or the iPod by Apple is one of those revolutionary product that not only has made a little 'hello, who is this?' easier but has also made possible anything you can use for easier purpose or play. Sure there are lots of other products in the market today but the first of touch screens, voice recognizer, GPS, high MP camera, WiFi and blah blah blah, you name it and I shall edit those application in my blog later. This thing is really off the hook, I mean I've seen people buy iPhone just so they can use it as a pick-up line, without saying a word. But personally all I care about is 'Angry Birds' ... let's go blast some green pigs !!!


Aroma: Rice Cooker
A Rice Cooker is a pretty famous device in most countries. Even houses that cannot afford different kinds of electronics can afford a rice cooker. A lot culture familiarizes rice as a special part of their meal, while others fancy a delicacy in it. Villages with rare electricity use natural gas to provide energy for this device. I remember the time when I was very young and the first rice cooker I saw was the most exciting thing ever. No fire, just add water to the rice and there, its done. The best part about it is you can close off the lid and keep the rice warm for as long as you want. On a note for some left over rice, I seriously love fried-rice, it's even better when I cook it.


Sunbeam: Coffee Maker
This might get very personal when it comes to talking about coffee and kinds of coffee that is served around the world. I mean who doesn't like coffee? If you are saying that you are not a coffee person I don't want to be friends with you. Sunbeam is one of very different kinds of coffee makers. Although I like taking my time making coffee for myself, instant coffee also does the trick. Believe it, I need coffee to fall asleep. I was rated a 'ghost' by my friends this random Saturday when I sat on my couch for over 16 hours only getting up for bathroom breaks from the TV or to refill the 13th serving of cup of coffee all day. I am pretty grown up but I'd still give up anything to drink a single cup of coffee the way Mom used to make. HA ! jokes on you Starbucks, and Caribou you got nothing on me.


Continental Electric: Toaster
I love food. The days or time when I don't feel like making a fancy dish, I look at this little contraption and feel very good with couple of bread, couple of slices of tomatoes and slices of cheese within them, 2 minutes and voila. French toast, jam, peanut butter, etc, name an item and I'll figure out a way to fit it in my toaster between those loaves of bread. It sends me back in time, when my grandmother used to use a huge frying pan as a grill for a toast. It also sends me back a couple of weeks when I was arguing with my boss (who owns a famous deli, about 24 years now) about who makes the best sand-witches and yes, I lost! I actually have a 24inch grill which I barely use. Barely usually means about 5-6 days a week and I am not afraid to set out a challenge to anyone who questions my cooking skills, toaster or not.


LG: Cell Phone
Lucky Goldstar founded in South Korea is now one of the most popular electric brands in the world. From cellphones to any household appliances built by LG is preferred by people without a second thought. I had a cell phone that almost never broke, but had to replace it due to the demand of time, basically to show off. On an honest side, this picture belongs to my friend's cellphone, and he wanted money for this picture. Well he can keep dreaming.


SAMSUNG: Television
Television is a very powerful thing to sit in front of. As the song 'Gangster's Paradise - Coolio' says, 'too much television watching got me chasing dreams,' people can be directly related; it changes them, total magic. We all remember the big wooden box with a curved dark screen in front of it. It had dials, antenna, b/w picture quality, no remote control and the danger of getting electrocuted if your fingers ever slipped while maintaining it. Samsung is one of the best renowned companies for electrical appliances. Today it is one of the best producers of HD, 3D and all those magical real effect screens. A lot has changed in the last decade with the evolution of technology and Samsung like other brands has always been there to satisfy its customers. Speaking of which, can someone buy me a 52 incher please :)


TOSHIBA: Notebook
After abacus the next best thing would be the computer if not a calculator. In times owning a computer would be an impossible thing, but today almost every household and every one owns a computer. Toshiba famous for its screens now makes reliable notebooks just like other brands that we can carry with us anywhere we want. My very first TV was a Toshiba and it is still back at home in storage and yet works like a charm. I think this is one of the coolest inventions by the man-kind. We now have modern devices that are out dating any given computers. I'd still like to see all the fancy stuffs as in Star-Wars and other fictional movies. Computers today do everything, the best example would be this blog right here. Imagine having to carve out blogs, good luck Mr. Flintstone.


Emerson: Microwave
Do you really want to wait for a long time to cook your meal? I don't and Mr. Microwave is my new best friend and I mean it. Just like a good friend it's there to help you in an instant, but it also has all the annoying habits your friends do. Want to know how a microwave works? It emits out waves that excite the molecules in whatever you put in (focuses on water) encouraging it to produce heat and warming your food. On the other side, it also kills the real taste and nutrition of the food. It's also very tricky as we can't put random stuff in there just so we want to heat it up. Do you like watching action movies? Remember how they blow up houses using microwave and pressured stuffs? It's funny how it works. I knew this guy who dropped his cell phone in water and microwaved it. The result was a total meltdown and a joke every time this incident is mentioned. He was lucky nothing exploded or short-circuited. Moving along.


LASKO: Fan
Summer is the best time to spend your day outside, the best time inside the house if you have an AC or a fan. I was in MD for 3 weeks and rented this place without any AC. They had almost 8-9 fans in the house but none of them worked, literally none of them worked. I think I don't need to write more about the dreadful weeks above 95F after this. Fans come in all shapes and sizes. Funniest of them are those little mini fans mounted on your hat. I mean how hot must your head be feeling? If you really want a fan experience you should definitely visit aerospace headquarters. They got fans that can make Jackie Chan's face look like a mud bath, in a good way though. I like Jackie Chan.


SONY: Play Station
People would be lying if they say they don't like video games. I am not trying to force this on everyone, but almost every kid after the 70's has dreamt of owning a game console. My very first was a little 3 inch Aero-fighter video-game. It was a reason to lie to my mom that I was sick and spend hours in the bathroom beating my own high scores. Then came along the computer games and also did my own PS2. Honestly, I had my friends coming over more for game time than study time. Today, we have all these interactive games and kids to grand-parents are all making time to play. Remember my note about not wanting to be friends with coffee haters, well same goes for games. Of course, I made the terrible mistake of giving away my only console to my friend and now all I have is Solitaire on my computer. All in all Pong, Pac-Man, thank you for the new PS3s, X-boxes, Wiis and all other fancy consoles. It's everything our generation needs to skip home-works and have break-up excuses.


No comments:

Post a Comment